Monday, March 22, 2021

THE CLOUDBURST

 Leave me with a peace of mind,

and I will offer you pages of me.

Just don't stir the tranquil,

I  will loose myself again.

A decade has passed,

papers filled and torn; 

Lest it fancies someone's eye.

Thoughts told and retold,

 A myriad of emotions; 

escaped on  countless sheets,

now untraceable in recyclable bins.

This time it's the keyboard clicking,

screen after screen offering endless space.

Words tumble and fall,

parking themselves in the right places.

Now the only  outward fear,

will every reflection of mine make sense?

The keyboard  leaves its impressions on white,

with words craving for gratification.

Or will I enter an unending lull?

The idea petrifies me.

Or will I be mulling forever?

For methodical occurrences of trivia,

and chide the habitat around.

My gaze arrested, 

by the white petunias on the window sill.

A smile escapes my lips,

It's a thoroughfare,

Which I wish to frequent;

Every now and then.














No comments:

Post a Comment