Wednesday, March 24, 2021

A MILD TREMOR

 What thoughts fill my mind at this moment? The news of work filling up empty spaces in my day from tomorrow,  does it hearten me or wear me down? Just when my thoughts learned to assemble, like ashes strewn over Ganges, they are being scattered away, particles which I might have to pick in every room I traverse.

Will I even have the time to pick them or shall I sweep them under the upholstery, so that they remain obscured from my vision. A day may come when I will have the leisure to ponder over them or visit them, but now their insignificance pleases my soul.

Work may fill me to the brim, but I will still cast around  for void here and there to beckon me into its arms, its the quietude which I have not indulged earlier. Hence, it flirts seductively, and I fall a prey to it. In reality, emptied silences satiate my senses rather than the finest of presents and gifts  which failed to quench my thirst. It's a realization, I have had time and again, but randomly filled my hollowness  with gibberish and muted the voice of beckoning tranquility.

Cliched utterances of "new beginning, be optimistic, you can do it" sound stale and shallow. The creased eyebrows, thoughts cloaked in worries, automated responses will creep in though unwanted, pick them and cast them aside, or  lock them in dungeons below, so that their cries may never be heard above. 

Attempt appeasing them and they cling like flies on dead, sucking till their appetite are whet. Should we as mankind be held accountable for assuaging them since days of Adam and Eve, for mankind today enjoys the touch, the look, the clasp of  new found bed partner, or feel a sense of anguish, for detecting emptiness, we identify ourselves with the marooned sailor and grope in fabricated darkness of ennui.

No comments:

Post a Comment