Monday, March 22, 2021

CHAT WITH A THOUGHT IN THE MARATHON MIND

Why do you feel the need to be blanketed always? Do you feel disrobed when alone? The mind races likes a marathon, every single thought scared to tiptoe alone, accompanied by a hurricane of thoughts.  The agony of a hurricane will batter you. Its all right to be blinkered, emptiness maybe a beautiful confidant. 

Do you feel like the new born out of a mother's womb? Inundated in the deluge of strange hands, some warm, some cold, you will loose your persona. Would you be happy to loose your identity, forget the reason why you emerged? Am I being harsh to you? The discomfort, the bleeding, the pain, the fear are bullying you. Half a century of mixed dominance needs a standstill pause. Their tyranny has created a havoc. 
Your purity lies in leaving the 270 days old water of blood and sweat to be flushed. Fifty years is a long time, the umbilical chord needs to be cut, the wails, the screams, the racing heartbeats will ebb. I am not promising you the gurgles and toothless grins. The daily nagging pains, the turmoil's, the endless suspicions won't leave you. Nudge yourself, you don't need to stand out and prove you are unique, but your birth matters to me. I hate to see you drowning. Survive till you reach the shore. 

I see you at times, I hear the bell and I open the door , but there are scary strangers by your side, my door hesitates to open. The others push themselves, forcibly threatening me to open the door wide for them, bruising me many a time. My sagging eyes, my tossing nights,  my aches and pains stare at them in bewilderment. They moan because they don't want to be tormented. 

They only want you and so do I. Just stay still, you may be pushed or kicked, you will emerge unscathed. The abyss of the potholes or the nerve wrecking speed bumps need to be treaded with caution. Else they may suck you leaving you gasping or even cast you aside forgotten.   

I wait for you alone. Just remember that. We do not need the others. We have walked hand in hand in the past, though seldom. Those are the memories, I want to relive each day. Promise me a raw start with you alone. We have some more decades to go together. With each passing day, I may grow more grey streaks, may even forget names and faces, but I do not want to forget you..... 


 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment