Thursday, September 23, 2021

A MOTHER'S DISTRESS

 That one call shattered my life forever

No inkling of the storm the day's slanting sun rays were to create

Routine chores passed my day 

The only thought humming is how fast holidays end 

and you are voyaging back to university in a day.


Conversing with  my motherly pangs

I silenced them with the bribe

Christmas is just around the corner

Days will just fly.


You stepped out to get in 

the land cruiser, your friends waving out to you.

How abrasive the stars and moon turned out that night?

Speed cruising on the desert sands costed me my offspring

The narrated images of your broken skull haunt me. 


My existence snatched in seconds

Your lifeless corpse on the hospital bed

My shrieks hitting the hospital corridors 

Only to bounce back to be drenched in my anguish

 This is not whom I delivered nineteen years ago


The world  was at your feet waiting for your impressions

but you decided to just leave me, 

a single reckless act of yours and your accomplices.

No one gave you the right to gift me 

decades of everlasting hollowness.


She searches for you at your usual hideout places

I am at a loss to answer to your little sister

Which nerdy thought suggested you to ignore the seatbelt

and loose a family of loved ones forever.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment