Monday, November 1, 2021

THE GATE

I shut that door years back and padlocked with lock and key
When did the rusted key find its way back to the weathered lock

Ambition engulfed my persona and squeezed every ounce of me
every minute at the work environs years back

Lo and behold, baffled was I to have not been considered for a rise
Resigned, I sought refuge in home tutoring and other obliterated interests 

A single call last evening opened a floodgate of tucked emotions
A familiar voice from workplace requesting to join after five years of lull

I am needed now, should I be happy or sad, I interrogated myself 
Surprisingly my inner voice rested the churning mind

My thoughts and emotions now adorn new costumes each time I write
Blank pages look more radiant with swaying words than ramp walks

Calmness does prefer my companionship more often
Owe it to meditation too, my five year old friend 

I politely declined the offer feeling no regret, life is strange
I said no to what I craved most few years ago.

Happiness is such a beautiful feeling
when we say no to life's litter.

I locked the gate firmly and threw the key away now
in an unknown sea where no one can find.


 






 











No comments:

Post a Comment