Thursday, November 18, 2021

CONFESSION


A petty bruise meant seeking attention
struggle a word, I sulked when it came near me
setbacks made me irritable and moody
impatient was my disliked decades old prefix. 

Pain now seems pleasure, struggle is liberating,
hinderances happen, patience is to sit still
every failure is a mirror one must gaze hard
 blessed  to have stumbled on these new definitions.

Dripping late in my life these truths seem priceless 
growing up definitely was smiles and laughter
yet never realised while I was growing 
that bliss is acknowledging and learning 
and talking to self first than with others.

Still a long road ahead, yet each day seems so joyful
potholes and road blocks do surface often
I possess no magic wand yet feel calm
Spend more time with yourself 
to figure out who you are
and embrace whatever comes your way
acquiring tools to equip each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment