Monday, June 10, 2024

MY IV DRIP

 Mine is a mix of various concoctions

My mind left for a minute spins dramas of fear, guilt and dread

sagas enough to fill theatres all over the world

stories so dramatic and intriguing, many a time spiced unconsciously by me 

it's as if my mind knows me better than I know it 

 a part of me, yet seems so out of control 

it just waits to gallop, tired lands me irritated and angry

relations strained with words that mind spits out.


Mercy of online search engines

picked up one tool for repair

morning pages being my first shield,

exercise, meditation, scripture reading suffixed 

Each seeped into my life

a daily routine I adhere on most days

keeps me afloat


Times I feel abandoned, caught in claws of my mind

I get sucked, old practices ready to engulf me

my new practices throw the anchor

the rope I miss at times

Few years ago, scorecard was one on ten

more than half a dozen years of try

scorecard now around five on ten.


Sudoku, poetry, singing and reading my stepneys

I look forward for my own company

Mood swings now an occasional flu

 medicines do work, 

I just try to remember to 

stock myself each day.







No comments:

Post a Comment