Monday, August 7, 2023

REVISITED

The old flowery album sticking my smile,

unmatured head lost in itself, not a whiff of responsibility.

Slithering away from boulders 

earlier chores done for pats and compliments.


A facade of pampered duplicity

the original asphyxiated

fangs of stress and aches rewarded imitation, 

the sting too acidic to digest.


Bursting dam of tears and guilt, 

past smile scratching my present wound.

Desperate to delete earlier self,

hounded internet and spouse

both weary, one responded, other supported,

a meditation retreat popped up.


Half a dozen years since then, serenity protruding more often,

meditation brought my besties along, mind coughing words,

into poems, limbs throbbing to exercise better.


Chores magnetic pull seeming bit alluring,

black couch gluing me for puzzles and reading, 

nose rumbling for old book shop's smell during holidays,

moods lessening the swing speed,


Bit by bit inching to scrape the unpleasant

a daily trip to extract and preserve the me I found.

No comments:

Post a Comment