Thursday, December 22, 2022

DREAD

His smile brightens the fridge door

a person dearly missed 

contemplate his often-spoken syllables

"Getting bored, getting bored", 

snatched away on the threshold of nineties

bored a term, I fear.


Idleness is

creative to garner new interests

slow moving for the sick and solitary

challenging for the insecure loners

scary if seeks self-pity as an alias.


 A homemaker by label

lots of spare moments nestle in 

few vacant stares a day a required lull

incalculable gazes 

brews cynical threats

Scares me for negativity starts 

its chant of perfection.


Persistent irrigation for cultivated

interests

poetry one of the few 

Sudoku, music, tutoring, exercise 

the other companions of the day.


On the doorway to sixties

my smile corresponds to his smile

I may exceed his age some day 

hope I conquer the inescapable

with enthusiastic pursuits.






No comments:

Post a Comment