Monday, October 17, 2022

A HALT

Passiveness my arch-rival
overtly active, I somewhere along 
cremated   laziness.
Eyes open every morning 
to meet self-imposed deadlines

An enthusiasm to overdo
each tiny tick
an unexplainable thrill.

Nagging pains startle me
age creeping faster than imagined
manifests in sounds of ouch 
from unthinkable joints.

Yet I tagged along,
always confident that life 
is a boon and so every second 
has to be productive
aiming for the prefect shot 
striving each day 

A pause three months ago
and a part of me just never 
made to the corner.
A corner where my father 
left me forever.

Inching to halt more often
learning to create white spaces
now and then
I halt and gaze.

A blur in the vision
the misty corner stares
forever and ever.

1 comment:

  1. Loss of a parent leaves a hollow, then of course we have as children, soaked inside us many traits and attitudes from them, let us continue to leave their legacy by keeping these alive, and hoping our children follow through

    ReplyDelete