Tuesday, June 7, 2022

BUBBLY ENIGMA

 You never cease to surprise me

Each time l see you

I pine for your touch

Your salty smell intoxicates me.

The bubbles and froth beckon me 

to immerse my body and soul 

The clinging moss and algae 

do not bother me.


Size doesn't matter to you, for the dolphins

and tiny fish swim in harmony

nor does colour, the jellyfish swims 

sans contempt with the black sea bass.



The plastic caps and cans bruise your heart

Your beauty tattooed with  litter

I try to feel your clean vein

Strands of mixed shreds whirl me

I untangle it, 

but the corals and weeds seem asphyxiated.


You are blessed to be salty

else mankind would have parched you.

 

Your depths hold mysteries unravelled

Your heights a wavy treat for the surfers

You expand tickling surfaces unknown

You contract to cup in palms of  dear ones. 


Your tides hold gossips of all maritime farers 

Be it the fisherman in his dingy boat

Or the lofty ships that sail across.


Your very image evokes emotions unheard

words scratch each other to form unseen lexicon

Every time I visit you, a calmness suits me up

I can never have enough of you.






No comments:

Post a Comment