Monday, July 12, 2021

TALK with THOUGHTS

 I wake up and have not even stretched myself fully 

and there you are already raring to go.

All these years, I thought we were like Siamese twins

but its only now, I know we are poles apart. 

I finally woke up from a deep slumber

and your past behaviour appalls me.


When did you sneak in to make a permanent abode

and cement my house with your unneeded beliefs?

Did you not have the decency to ask my permission

or you knew, I would say an emphatic no.


Yes, I would, for I wish to be a better person each day,

but there you are catching me off guard every second

feeding me anger, jealousy, hatred, guilt and fear.

Leave me alone, I want to think for myself

I wish to be free from your clutches.


Would you like to be controlled?

Let's play the game of musical chairs then,

it's my turn now.

I do not want you to think for me

let me do it for myself.


I do not want to rush every nano second

I want to slow down, enjoy every moment

watch if pain, anger, hunger or guilt visit me.

I want to have the freedom to choose if 

they can be my  guest.


So, please go away, my negative marginal utility 

has kicked in.

If you ever try your old methods

watch out, I am all awake.

This talk was indeed gratifying

I pat myself for the courage to push it out.

I feel lighter and all set to go.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment