Monday, June 14, 2021

WHY

Why we become what we become?

Is it our parents who cast the mold,

or our school outlining our quarter silhouette?

Is it friends who configure our thoughts, 

or teachers who sculpture our impressions?

Is it cousins with whom we kick our heels in holidays,

or co-workers we gossip  at the cafeteria?

Is it the books we read and the places we travel,

or our children who teach us a thing or two?

Is it thousands of unknown faces and their gestures, 

or the endearing companionship of nature?

Sometimes, I wonder what impressions keep slipping 

through five senses and colour our intellect.

Whatever I am, or who I have  become

I owe it to each of you

for assembling me.

On some days I am grumpy and upset;

on other days, I am happy and cheerful.

But what I manifest each day;

is a slice of each of your perceptions,

as I am nothing but a reflection of all of you.




No comments:

Post a Comment