Friday, March 18, 2011

FREE BIRD

Euphoria of entering a new phase of my life
Finding the pleasures of being alone
Lazing on the bed the whole day
Basking in the sunlight shadowing the walls
An innate happiness of soaking in the silence
And breaching the rhythm at my will.

Enthusiastic to explore the unknown roads
Excited to watch the late night shows
Thrilled to ride at breakneck speed
And getting drenched in sudden downpours.

Delighted in the power to commit mistakes
And feeling exhilarated for not being observed
Discovering a joy in conversing with myself
And enjoying the resonance of my voice
Reinventing myself each day
And falling in love with my own self.

I felt elated when I moved to Hyderabad to do M.Phil. I rented an apartment close to the institute. This poem is a firsthand account of my feelings as a girl, when I first tasted freedom. Prior to that, I had never lived alone.


4 comments:

  1. delightful read,

    Freedom is indeed worthy of your attention.
    bless you.

    Thanks for sharing.
    A++

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I want to be free...I'm enjoying married life too much. I like to belong.

    Still a cheery write though. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you jingle and Andy for your wonderful comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Euphoria of entering a new phase of my life
    Finding the pleasures of being alone
    Lazing on the bed the whole day
    Basking in the sunlight shadowing the walls
    An innate happiness of soaking in the silence
    And breaching the rhythm at my will.

    Tellme about it! I have been on my own since I was 17.. actually even before that! But thanks to my being a control freak; I have posed more rules than relaxation.. lolss

    All the best for your M.Phil! That's a big one.. Many Hugs xox

    ReplyDelete